newspaper leaks candidates ‘ Melodifestivalen 2017 ‘
Unfortunately this article is not available in English and has been automatically translated. Please visit our homepage for all English content or get an overview of all English articles here. You can also request a translation by sending us an email.
The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet boulevard has compiled a list of annual artists who-according to the newspaper itself-next year will participate in Melodifestivalen. (Photo: SVT)
Every year comes a few weeks before the official publication by SVT a number of names already out. Year after year also shows that largely the guesswork is correct. On Monday 28 november shares the SVT the list of 28 candidates during a press conference, but Aftonbladet grabs all in a list of thirteen artists from. More than half of them are old acquaintances.
Recurring performers are:
- Ace Wilder (photo), who finished second in 2014 with Busy Doin ‘ Nothin’ and third in 2016 with Don’t Worry;
- Wiktoria, who finished fourth in 2016 with Save Me;
- Robin Bengtsson, who finished fifth in 2016 with Constellation Prize;
- Lisa Ajax, who was seventh in 2016 with My Heart Wants Me Dead;
- Boris Rene, who was tenth in 2016 with Put Your Love on Me;
- Mariette, who was third in 2015 with Don’t Stop Believing;
- Elisa Lindström, who was killed in 2014 in a semifinal with Casanova;
- Tommy Körberg, who as early as 1969 and 1988 represented Sweden in the Eurovision song contest with Judy, min vän and City i ljus.
New artists are:
- Alice Svensson, an ex-candidate of the Swedish Idol;
- Axel Schylström, also an ex-candidate of the Swedish Idol;
- Ida Lafontaine, who in 2008 took part in the children’s version of Melodifestivalen and later went on tour with Måns Zelmerlöw;
- John Lundvik, who previously wrote songs for Sanna Nielsen;
- Les Gordons, the only officially confirmed candidate for 2017, by a good listing in a talent contest on the Swedish radio;
- The Fooo Conspiracy, a Swedish boyband previously for Justin Bieber played during his concerts in Stockholm.
What is striking is that there is no entry for singer Anna Book. They would take part in a semifinal this year, but her song was disqualified because the earlier the day before in the Moldovan for round had taken part. They had then been expressed her hope to participate again next year, and in the wings was whispered that her promised would be a place.