20 Estonian finalists announced
Unfortunately this article is not available in English and has been automatically translated. Please visit our homepage for all English content or get an overview of all English articles here. You can also request a translation by sending us an email.
In a program of the Estonian State broadcaster ERR are twenty songs announced that participate in Eesti Laul 2016, the local preliminary round for the next Eurovision song contest.
On running order per semifinal:
1st semi-final (13/02):
01. The Jingles-Love A Little Bit
02. Würffel – I’m Facing North
03. Mick Pedaja – Seis
04. Indrek Ventmann – tüdruk Hispaania
05. Cartoon feat. Kristel Aaslaid – Immortality
06. Kéa – Lonely Boy
07. Kati Laev – sinust Kaugel
08. Zebra Island – How Many Times
09. Supersonic Laura –
10. Windy Beach – Salty Wounds
2nd semi-final (20/02):
01. Go Away Bird – Sally
02. Jüri Pootsmann – Play
03. Meisterjaan – Parmupillihullus
04. I Wear * Experiment – Patience
05. Múdd – measure Halfway Púr
06. Grete Paia – Stories Untold
07. Põhja-Tallinn – Ei ole mullet olla
08. Anett Kulbin – Strong
09. Gertu – Pabbo Miljon korda
10. La La Ladies – Unikaalne
Põhja-Tallinn, Grete Paia and Laura have already experience in the Estonian Eurovision heat. The song was co-written by Play of Jüri Pootsmann Stig Rästa, who was seventh at the last song festival in Vienna with Goodbye to Yesterday, in duet with Elina Born. Unikaalne of the La La Ladies is also from the hand of Tanja, which in 2014 for Estonia in the semifinals got stuck with Amazing.
The semifinals of Eesti Laul take place on Saturday 13 and 20 February. A combination of jury and televoting approves five of the ten songs to final, on Saturday March 5. That is held from next year from the Saku Suurhall arena, where the Eurovision Song Contest was organized in 2002. 50/50-vote again determines the outcome, but the joint top-3 goes through to the super final. In it only Estonian Viewer still control.